OHS Policy Statement
This information does not contain any contractual terms nor does it form part of your employment contract or contract of engagement, as the case may be, and it may be revised from time to time.
Quantity Surveyor Support Services is committed to your continued wellbeing and to ensuring that you are safe from injury and risks to your health while at work.
- Ensure the business complies with all legislation relating to health and safety
- Eliminate or minimise all workplace hazards and risks as far as is reasonably practicable
- Provide information, instruction and training to enable all workers to work safely
- Supervise workers (where necessary) to ensure work activities are performed safely
- Consult with and involve workers on matters relating to health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide a suitable injury management and return to work program
- Maintain documentary evidence and records relating to all issues of employment and occupational health and safety.
You are required to observe and comply with all health and safety standards and obligations of the relevant State or Territory. You must also:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures and instructions
- Participate in safety training
- Report all injuries and incidents as soon as practical to your QSSS Supervisor
- Use safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) as instructed
- Report any known or observed hazards to your QSSS Supervisor
- Promote a safe working culture within the workplace at all times
The effectiveness of our Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures depends greatly on your commitment and support.
This site has been developed with our best efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information. Quantity Surveyor Support Services reserves the right to make adjustments to correct errors or omissions.
Information on this site does not constitute an agreement, warranty or guarantee. These are clearly stated in our Service Agreements and Terms of Business.
The purpose of this policy is to advise external parties that we are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of their personal information by adhering to the Australian Privacy Principles as outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) and any of its amendments, the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (Cwth) and any of its amendments, and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and any of its amendments which outlines the 13 Australian Privacy Principles which Quantity Surveyor Support Services has adopted.
- What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include; names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.qssupport.com.au, from your website, publications, other publicly available sources, Cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
- Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
- Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
- Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of seven (7) years.
- Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
- Quantity Surveyor Support Services will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
- Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
- Policy Updates
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
If you wish to contact us regarding your personal information you may do so by contacting the National Operations Manager of Quantity Surveyor Support Services.
Quantity Surveyor Support Services
Suite H25, Level 1 Cineplex Building
High Street, Victoria Point QLD 4165